User Interface Developer – Cachematrix LLC, Denver, CO | April 2012 – Current
- Responsible for the design and development of high quality user interfaces deployed by Cachematrix on behalf of client companies including Bank of America, Silicon Valley Bank, Barclays, and US Bank among others.
- Worked directly with on-site and overseas development and quality assurance teams, as well as user experience, graphic design, and business analyst professionals to plan future application enhancements within a Scrum environment.
- Used strong HTML/CSS skills to assure a high quality, and cross browser compatible product, while maintaining universal usability and design principles.
- Developed new Cachematrix online brand and launched new responsive site design.
User Experience Architect – Hewlett Packard, Ft. Collins, CO | 2011 – 2012 – Contract
- Collaborated with members of UI design team and R&D development teams to design simple, clean, & elegant user interfaces for new innovative cloud based service.
- Developed wire-frames, storyboards, and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts.
- Assessed and optimized the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytics data.
UI/UX Designer – Arrow Electronics Inc., Englewood, CO | 2011 – Contract
- Created mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas for Fortune 140 company.
- Participated in all creative/branding aspects of Website design and development including Web performance and user based analysis, planning and testing.
- Developed VOC user group of over 650 participants.
- Supplemented business requirements with monthly feedback surveys and thorough data analysis.
- Helped to define the user model and user interface for new and existing MyArrow tools and features.
Website Manager – Desks Incorporated, Denver, CO | 2010-2011
- Managed all Website content and creation, while maintaining entire online company presence including marketing and social networking.
- Responsible for creation of all email marketing design and content.
- Facilitated all graphic design needs including Web and print.
- Dramatically increased organic search engine optimization and results.
CPO / Managing Partner – Flash2xS.com LLC, Denver, CO | 2001-2009
- Built and managed popular niche Internet company, named by PC Magazine as 2005′s top 100 sites.
- Built strategic alliances with Inked Magazine, EA Sports, The Learning Channel and Harper Collins Publishing, with whom I contracted to create a 500-page book made available in every Barnes & Noble and selling over 150,000 copies.
- Used customer feedback and usability best practices to continually improve accessibility and ROI.
- Facilitated and oversaw all design needs including branding, print, direct mail and web.
- Liaison to 70+ artists worldwide and manager to five employees.
- Maintained company files, website news and site content through multiple CMS and Wiki systems.
- Researched consumer and industry trends to build Flash2xs.com/TattooFinder.com into the largest and most successful company of its kind.
- Currently maintain a silent economic interest in the company.
Senior Designer – FastSigns, Houston, TX | 2003-2004
- Led design team of three while overseeing production at fast paced location.
- Designed signage for high profile clients including ESPN, Red Box and the Houston Texans and MD Anderson, for which I created the environmental design for their Hospital cafeteria.
Graphic Design / Product Development – Evergreen New Media, Denver, CO | 2001-2002
- Consulted with marketing team to develop web product and sales campaign geared towards homeowners associations.
- Created concept, copy and design for direct mail project.
Graphic Designer – American Eagle Distribution Co., Greeley, CO | 1999-2000
- Designed and produced all print marketing in Northern Colorado region for Budweiser, Michelob and Red Hook, including banners, posters, vehicle graphics and table tents.
University of Denver, Denver CO
Master of Applied Science – Mobile Application Development – 3.96 GPA
Relevant Coursework: ICT Structure & Concepts, ICT Current Tech & Trends, Enterprise Architecture, Web Fundamentals, Web Design & Management, Advanced Web Design & Management, Object Oriented Methods, Web Enabled Info Systems, Usability Design for Websites
University of Denver, Denver CO
Graduate Certificate in Web Design & Development
University of Northern Colorado, Greeley CO
Bachelor of Arts – Graphic Design
Adobe Creative Suite CS6: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Flash Catalyst
Other: Online advertising/marketing, SEO, direct mail/print, data visualization, data analysis